Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Poor Hip Hop I hardly knew Thee

As I sit here and think about one of my favorite things on Earth. I say unto myself "boy, things sure done changed" and I say "of course, I know that!!!"

I sit like an old man in a rocking chair on his front porch jus looking at BET I felt like Don Coreleone when he cried for Sonny "Look at how they massacred my boy!" except my boy was hip hop.

I see how these kids have taken the game and flipped it on its ear. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. I sit and think how the "golden era" MCs like Nas, KRS, BDK & Rakim took pride in being a great rapper not hustler.

They worked hard to master the craft but not anymore these new kids don't even try. It's got to the point where I don't watch BET, MTV or listen to the radio. Its pure trash now. Dudes don't even know what lyrics or content or being real or standing for something are anymore.

They don't say what they feel they say what they think you wanna hear. Its all about money, clothes, & being overly sexual and what's the worse thing is the ones that spearhead this are guys who are too old for this immature shit. Examples are Birdman (Brian "Baby" Williams CEO of Cash Money Records who is upwards of 35 years old), Rick "Rozay" Ross (William Roberts popular rapper who is also upwards of 30 years old). Don't you think 40 year olds have more going on or more to say that money, cars, and hoes? If your over 30 and you don't have a true grasp on what life is really about maybe you should quit..LIFE.

So I'm throwing in the towel on these new dudes theres good ones but to few and far between for me to care. Hip Hop as I knew it were there was room for many different types and styles of hip hop is gone now sad to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment